Microgrids for the Greater Good Award Competition
We welcome you to nominate candidates for the 2019 Greater Good Award, which recognizes replicable microgrids that improve the lives of those they serve.
Microgrid Knowledge will present winners in three categories at Microgrid 2019.
- Highest Recognition for a Microgrid Serving the Greater Good 2019
- Greater Good Award for a Grid-Connected Microgrid
- Greater Good Award for a Remote Microgrid
Winners offer one or more of these benefits:
- Improve the quality of life for those still without access to a grid
- Lower energy costs
- Improve energy reliability
- Reduce emissions
- Ensure the safety of seniors or other vulnerable populations
- Improve the ability to secure basic necessities (eg food, water, communications, medicines, transportation)
- Enhance a local economy
- Promote community or preserve the peace
- Preserve the natural environment
- Avoid more expensive infrastructure development
Judges for this year’s award are from the Center for Sustainable Energy, Power for All, and Rocky Mountain Institute.
Anyone may nominate a microgrid, whether they are affiliated with the project or not, by filling out the form below. Only operating microgrids are eligible. The application deadline is Jan. 7, 2019.